The VS1053 USB Music Player is a cost-efficient low component count MP3 + WMA + AAC + HEAAC + Ogg Vorbis + Flac + MIDI + WAV music player. It uses a single VS1053 DSP chip for audio decoding and a user interface. Music files are stored either on an SD card or on-board FLASH memory. A high speed USB interface (480 Mbit/s) is provided for file transfers. SDHC cards larger than 2 GB are supported.
Functionality of the VS1053 USB Hi-Fi player can be customized by reprogramming the boot EEPROM. Application source code is available for customization purposes for free.
- Multi-format "MP3" media player that uses a single VS1053b
- Very versatile: plays .MP3, .OGG, .AAC, .M4A, .WMA, .WAV, .IMA, .MID and potentially also .FLAC
- Excellent sound quality: over 90 dB dynamic range for playback
- Plays music from SD/SDHC/MMC cards (over 2 GB cards also supported)
- Headphone / Line Out for playback
- Built-in mono microphone for voice recording (firmware support not yet available)
- OLED Display (can be replaced with compatible LCD or used without display)
- High-Speed USB (480 Mbit/s)
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery charged through USB
- Eight push-buttons
- Low component count
- Low BOM
- New features can be added by the customer because full source code for the VS1053 player application is available for free!
- VS1053 USB HiFi Player
- USB cable
- Memory card
See also: http://www.vlsi.fi/en/support/evaluationboards/vs1053usbhifiplayer.html