Developer Board for VS1005 circuit with the Extension1 daughterboard.
- Supports VS1005, VS1205 or VS8005 devices
- Open source VSOS kernel and device drivers
- Supported by VSIDE development tools
- VS1005 Developer Board (without NAND FLASH populated)
- Extension1 module
- VSIDE USB UART Cable
- SD card
VS1005 Developer Board is an application development board for VS1005. It features all necessary hardware for writing and testing software on VS1005. The board has connectors for headphones, line-in, line out, optical S/PDIF in, optical S/PDIF out, USB and UART. The board also features a matrix display and connectors for helping evaluation measurements and interfacing to other boards.
The board is powered from the USB bus. A switch is used to attach and detach the USB data lines. Serial port is used as a debugger interface and for loading code to VS1005. In the future a dedicated debug interface can also be used enabling hardware debugging like single step execution of the program.
The Developer Board has six buttons. They are user assignable.
VS1005 Dev. Board Extension 1 is a versatile extension board to the VS1005 Developer Board. It makes it possible to create many new applications in addition to what is already possible with the VS1005 DevBoard.
VS1005 HiRes Recorder is an application that uses several features of the Ext1: 1.77" LCD, rotary controller, and VS23S040 memory for buffering. The buffer memory is required because modern, large capacity SD cards sometimes pause up to 1 second when they are being written to. The battery backed-up memory of VS1005 is used for bookkeeping while recording, and if the unit loses main power during recording (battery drain, dropping the device, etc), the file system will be automatically restored at next restart, and only up to a few seconds of the recording will be lost.
- Daughterboard to the VS1005 Developer Board
- VS23S040 4Mbit S-RAM
- 1.77" LCD with 8-bit parallel bus
- Rotary Controller with one button and four clickable edges
- Video output
- AKM AK5720 96 kHz 24-bit I2S ADC to expand VS1005 audio inputs to 5 channelsSoftware:
- Comes with VS1005 HiRes Recorder application installed:
- Full source code available
- Automatic file system recovery if power is lost while recording
- Recording time on 64 GB card from over 30 hours (96k/24b) to over 92 hours (48k/16b)
- For longer recordings, can split audio to multiple 2 GB files with zero sample loss, overcoming FAT32 file size limitations
- Dynamic range 98 dB(A) with VS1005's own ADC
- Uses stdaudioin so can be configured to use either VS1005's own ADCs or external ADC
- Graphical user interface
- Uses VS23S040 as a 4-Mbit audio buffer
- Maximum tested SD card size 256 GB
- Records up to 96 kHz 24-bit stereo PCM to SD Card
- Can also be configured for other applications, e.g. HiRes Player